 Off-Topic / Fun / 10010
Re: Lego RPG DraK'en.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 04:45:06 GMT

Matt Hein wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun

Okay...I didn't intend for the definition of said RPG to
flare into debate,

I wasn't really trying to spark a huge debate, though the discussion has
been interesting.

however, I've received little if,
no comments or suggestions besides the problem with the
classification system of my game.

I looked over your game briefly, but honestly I haven't had the time to
look at it carefully. My actual gaming preference is towards RPGs (which
is why I enjoy running the Pirate Game in the Campaign Game form). There
have been so many games proposed that it's just hard to look at them all
(I do the same with traditional RPGs and board games - I pick them up,
glance through them, and ask why do we need yet another system? - as I
sit at home secretly working on my own system....:-).

(otherwise, I wouldn't have posted this to .fun)

Anyhow, besides the definition (I'll probably change
the game type to stretegic fiction/ campaign, for
those of you who are utterly compartmentalized.),
does anyone have any sound comments on this by far?

Are the rules too complicated? Does the character
creations process bode well? Any opinions on additions
or loopholes in the game. (seriously, I'm trying to
stramlime this further.)

The best way to analyze a game is to get several friends over to play
the game. Especially get friends over who like a variety of different
games. The things they try and do will quickly point out any serious
flaws in the game.

Frank