 Gaming / 1280
Re: Lego RPG DraK'en.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:58:37 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Wayne McCaul writes:
Sorry, not to veer off-off-topic, but I had to de-lurk to say that I
absolutely *loved* Amoeba Wars. I played a bunch of Avalon Hill games and
that one was the best (although I think was one called "War in the Pacific"
or something that I also dug).I thought the back story was particularly
groovy with fallen empires and stray doomsday machines (hey, I was 12). We
used to try to come up with new rules for the game. The only one I can
remember was creating a tanker ship. We gave ships fuel points and you could
only go so far without having a tanker to resupply your ships. Mmm... wonder
if my brother's still got it kicking around.

Yeah, I loved the sci-fi games from Avalon Hill too, when I was 12.  Now at
30, I still love them, with an occasional night of board games.  My best
friend and I used to develop variant rules too.  Although he now has two
kids, a wife, and a house 80 miles away, we still try to get together every
couple of months to play something.  And we are still just as goofy.  Each
of us has a copy of Amoeba Wars (and between us there are three copies of
Shadowlord (Parker Brothers), another sci-fi board game we enjoyed as kids).
We dream of some day placing several boards together for a giant game with
four times the number of spaceships!  ...I just can't wait for his kids to
gain maybe six or eight more years, so they can join in on the fun too!  :)

Also, I've been playing NWN on-and-off and it does a good job of simulating
an rpg game, especially with a good DM. But I haven't really had the time...

-Evil Wayne

No relation to Evil Stevie, I suppose?   <smirk>

Cheers,
-Hendo