 Off-Topic / Debate / 8374
Re: It IS about Taxation ;-) (Was Re: (Sub|Ob)jectivity and related case studies on .debate (...or is it just about taxation :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 18:44:13 GMT

Do they not ask you each and every time there is an election in the US?
Sure, I expect you were out-voted - but that is democracy for you!
...In that context, how can taxation be theft?

Your stace here is (if I understand you correctly) that since a bunch of • people
think taking my money is OK, that I don't have a right to call it theft.

I think, we are back to where we started on this one.

So we've gone around in a circle and I still haven't heard any explanation as
to why it is OK for you to take the resources of your fellow.  It's not even
that I _just_ disagree.  I don't have anything reasonable with which to
disagree.

Chris