 Off-Topic / Debate / 8317
Re: It IS about Taxation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 16:10:58 GMT

In any instance of distribution of my wealth, if I have >given permission, it is not theft.  But I think that anyone who wants my
wealth should ask, rather than seize.

  Can it not be argued that by participating in the monetary system deployed
by a government (in accordance, in the US, with the Constitution) a tax is
simply a "service charge" for using goverment property (money)?  That is, if
you don't want to pay tax, don't trade in the coin of the realm.  If you use
money as distributed by the Fed, tax is a corresponding duty for that use.
  I'm just asking--this isn't necessarily my view, but I'm curious about its
validity as an argument. If this is plowed ground, let me know.

    Dave!