 Off-Topic / Debate / 8073
Re: Christian morality (cont)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 02:33:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Thomas writes:

Put another way, heterosexual sex brings with it the possibility of
procreation (however remote, or blocked by contingent factors it is);
homosexual sex cannot do so even in principle.

This happens to turn out to not be actually true if one steps outside the
human species. Further it's not true in principle for humans today, and as
medical science continues to advance, soon it won't be true in actuality.

This marks a qualitative
difference between the two.

What does the above do to that difference? Renders it meaningless.

If you are going to argue against homosexuality and against relationships as
being "unnatural" you are first going to have to establish what "natural"
is, and PROVE it, or else your argument is just a statement of preference.
Is it one which you wish to impose on others, presumably by force once
you've convinced a majority of the electorate to go along, or were you just
letting us know what your preference was? Based on the christian track
record I'd suggest the former is more likely.

++Lar