 Off-Topic / Debate / 8104
Re: Christian morality (cont)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:41:22 GMT

(someone wrote:

Rape is a violation of other unities (emotional and dispositional,
though not bodily) that marriage enjoins because it occurs without the
consent of the individual.

So, what you are saying is that rape cannot exist within a marrage?  Is this
part of what you are trying to say?  That a woman should be no more than a hole
for a man? In spite of 50 years or more of court (and moral) decisions?

I _dislike_ that viewpoint, and hope you don't support it.  I also hope that
you are _not_ trying to claim that homosexual relationships all involve rape,
either emotional or physical.

Again, I realize that we may have profound disagreements on this subject,
and I don't present what I have as a personal attack of any kind; rather, my
hope is that we can understand one another better and encourage informed
dialogue.  One thing I didn't address directly is sex outside of marriage,
but perhaps I can do that in a subsequent post.  Thanks for your patience.

(This I can _most_ definitely agree with.)

James Powell