 Off-Topic / Debate / 6434
Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:58:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
   They are up a creek without a paddle either way if people continue to
insist it is TLC's responsiblility to solve the racism problem in the • USA.
211 years worth of good ol' American know how hasn't put a dent in that
problem,

This is got to be the funniest or at least the most pathetic statement I
have read yet in this never ending debate. The USA has done nothing in 211
years about racism? Yes, tere are problems, but I think it will get better
over time. Let's see what America has done, ended slavery, ended "separate
but equal", etc. Along with all the strides that Americans of African decent
have made? Huh, interesting conclusion, and one I think is devoid of fact.

Scott S.

Ahhhhhh!  No!  Noted Miata-driving liberal agrees with noted SUV-driving
conservative.  Film at 11!

Bruce

Two points I need to make for others reading this.  I don't agree with the
tone of Scott's message, just the general concept that things have gotten
better on the racism front.  Hardly perfect, but much better.

The second is the irony of my agreement: Scott won't see it.  Scott's favorite
dodge is to get in his shots, then steer all replies into lugnet.off-
topic.debate, which he no longer reads.  It's his form of getting the last
word.

Lindsay's response is better than I could do, so rather than expand on the
topic, I'll just recommend his message, with the caveat that he is refering
to "official policy" when it comes to slavery being abolished.  Slavery still
exists around the world, usually disguised to some degree, sometimes not, and
often with government knowledge.

Bruce