 Off-Topic / Debate / 6310
Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 20:16:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:

Well, then I feel that this issue as it applies to STAR WARS figs is NOT a
race issue.  It is an issue of being accurate to the movie, like TLC has
done with its previous products (in portraying people, not spaceships).  But
as soon as its steps beyond that, at least by two attitudes portrayed here
(Damien and Bruce), it becomes political.

You forgot to include yourself.  I have connected my comments to the movie, and
its implications in respect to the entire Lego line, as have you.  You are
attempting to dismiss others viewpoints as "political" (and I only use the term
because that is what you have used) while denying that yours aren't really any
different.

Bruce has some good points, BTW, and I respect him for them.  I don't agree
with his claim that everything is political, however (reading back, I
believe that was him who said that.  Correct me if I'm wrong).  But he can
get his point across effectively, and that's a good thing.

decision Lego makes, it is political by your definition of political.  I'm just
using your term -  I actually don't see what politics has to do with it all.

Bruce