 Off-Topic / Debate / 3419
Re: ("life affirming" == "no initiation of force") == "all rigihts are property rights"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 06:14:21 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
The negative to "all rights are property rights" is "some rights are not
property rights".

I think a word is missing. How about: "all rights are necessarily property
rights" and "some rights aren't necessarily property rights"?

Still with me? Discuss the question, above. What sorts of rights are not
property rights but do not require force initiation?

I think before I can do that, I need you to explain what a property right
*is*. Where does this right come from?

But, I can start right in with a quick list of non-property rights which do
not require force:

"The right to go to your place of residence while you're not home and
  eat any food I find there so I don't starve."

"The right to be doing something meaningful with my life."

"The right to use and duplicate software without permission."

"The right to marry out of love."

"The right to a fair trial."

"The right to free speech."

"The right to free goods."

(We haven't determined where rights come from, or how one thing can be a
right or another not. These aren't necessarily a *good* rights, but they're
potential ones.)