 Off-Topic / Debate / 3420
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 06:18:26 GMT

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:
If one must. I also think you'd have the lawyers sicced on you. Things
like this are blatantly illegal.

Oh, definitely. That wasn't the point at all. If I still remember the
original point of this. :)

Yes. I think so too. But I disagree with your conclusion - the
benefits outweigh the doubts. You need a single guiding hand. Most
Open-Source projects aren't run by democratic fiat either. Canonical
example: linux-kernel.

For the record, I totally agree and sympathize with Todd's decision to run
things the way he currently is. There are clear and definite benefits. What
I might like is a redundant system which kicks in automatically if something
Bad (which would have to be much more clearly defined) happened.

If this were just about news, a dedicated hierarchy, run on dedicated
servers, with possibly a web-interface thrown in, I'd agree with you,
but it isn't.

Ok, why not do it for just that part, as a start?