 Off-Topic / Debate / 27763
  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) I'm pretty sure that Lego bricks aren't made in China, only certain extra stuff. I have to say that I very much resent the implication here that stuff made in China or the Czech Republic will be inferior. I would hope you would keep such (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) So If I said the Japanese made high quality electrical goods, I'd be accusing them of being racially superior would I? The whole point of moving production to China is because the work force isn't as well educated as the people in the west. I (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Dear Steve, This argument doesn't actually match my comment. If you were to argue that the quality of Lego would go up if it was manufacured in Japan it would be the same. You're comparing apples and pears here. (...) This may apply to China (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

Tim: I did not mean the comment to be bigot, I think that the quality suffers. I managed a multi million dollar corp. for 14 years after retiring from the Army. I have been stationed in Europe and in Korea. As a GM I dealt with products from China. (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) And what has this got to do with the Czech Republic? As I said in the first response Lego aren't even making bricks in China. What they are making in China is the Lego branded plastic tat and things like the Dino2010 Dinosaurs. (...) I just (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

Tim: You are a bit thick. Neither am I racist. I actually was a race relations consuler for the Army for many years in Korea. You just said some stupid things and I see that you are a person that cannot admit he flew off the handle. To bad, but to (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Managed a multi-million dollar company- and can't manage to spell? Whatever. Another Tim (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Lighten up, Francis. I don't know about little plastic bricks, but I can tell the difference between Czech absinthe and French absinthe with my eyes closed (hint: the Czech stuff tastes like gasoline). Is absinthe better if it's made by (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Is that American gasoline, or the superior Venezuelan product? Cheers Richie Dulin (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Is this the new Marc Nelson Jr rule of Lugnet where he is allowed to complain about things he doesn't like but other people aren't? It's good to see you hate arguments so much you feel compelled to join just about any one you see. Tim PS. And (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) The Chinese make tat? That's a racial slur if If ever I heard one. Tim's a racist. Racist here. Everyone point at him and make a scowly face. Racist. Racist. (I'm using your own logic). Steve (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) See, I knew I was right. Steve (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  French absinthe ? (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) Absinthe ? Do you mean the drink made from absinthe? This drink is not allowed to be sold in France (since 1915). The "French absinthe" you are talking about is more probably from Switzerland. (where it has been legalized in 2005) Not a big (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Coming from a man who obviously can't grasp the subtleties of logic let alone the English language being called thick is really quite a compliment. I suggest you take some of the money you presumably have from your management of a (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Incorrect use of logic vs. amusing response... which will win. I think I'll just link to the (URL) lyrics of a wonderful song>. Tim (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: French absinthe ? (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) It can apparently be (URL) produced for export> in France, and even sold in France if you don't call it 'absinthe'. I recommend the (URL) de Fougerolles 72>. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Eeek, another racist! Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: French absinthe ? (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) LOL - That's definitively a weird-hypocrite-stupid behaviour. (and quite probably the reason why I haven't heard of it before today) (...) ok thanks for the recommendation but I'm not sure to want to taste it. I don't like too much liqueurs. (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

I could never spell and am too old to change that. That is why Microsoft Word has a spell check. At work my typing was done by the secertary. No matter, seems to be your problems and not mine. For an example, we ordered 40,000 hooks from China. They (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) I have no problem with you not being able to spell. I just think it is unwise to be unable to spell and to call someone thick. (...) So because you had a problem with some hooks from a Chinese company you now believe that all production in (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

Tim, Tim, Time: I noticed you bigotted comment about the Army. Actuall the Army integrated in 1948 under Truman. I believe that predates Selma and other marches for freedom and was also before Martin Luther King. Now put down the dictonary and get (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) John, John, John, Three things... 1. Tim is a world away from the centre of the universe and therefore has to fly for many, many hours to be shot in the face by your vice president. 2. Didn't the plantation owners have the biggest rooms on the (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Hey, isn't le phoque a violation of the LUGNET TOS re: profanity? Dave! (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Hey, you can argue all you want about whether people who want bricks to be made in Denmark are racist - especially since you did the right thing and posted to o.t.d. That's what it's here for. My last sentence was just a tongue-in-cheek (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Well trolled. I completely fell for that one. I still have to argue there is a world of difference between saying something is a racist statement and saying someone is a racist. Tim (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) So now you are telling me that my second language is profane?!? Jude :-P (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Well, for some people, profanity is practically a first language, so at least you'd have plenty of people to talk to! But actually, since I can just barely manage to communicate in one language, I was making fun of myself (and, by extension, (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

Hi sergant, I served, For two years almost. And you know what? It SUCKS, really. It is the most unreasonable place that I've ever been in my whole life. I'm not complaining about that. I actually accepted and really believe it must be that way. You (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) ??? Fell for what? You'll have to explain to me what I did to be accused of "trolling". All I see are people with honest differences of opinion. Do you believe that it's possible for people to have honest differences of opinion? Marc Nelson (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) I was using trolling in the sense of inviting me to respond in an annoyed (and thus reduced) capacity. Having just skimread the wikipedia article I think this is one of a great many uses of the word but probably not the most common (there (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  This reminds me of deja vu (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) LUGNET veterans will recall that there's (URL) nothing new under the sun.> Dave! (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This reminds me of deja vu (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) 103 posts... I'd be surprised if this gets that long. LUGNET was so much more volatile in the old days ;) Tim (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This reminds me of deja vu (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) No way! Our arguments were entirely the civil disagreements between gentlemen and ladies who held as their ideal the very paragon of polite discourse. Besides--John Neal and Dave Koudys were such stinkers back then! Dave! (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This reminds me of deja vu (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) Of course... Tim (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: This reminds me of deja vu (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) Ahhh... Those good old days of Lugnet!.. Such nice memories... I really miss them... And look what it turned into? (now it might get that long..:-)) Selçuk (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This reminds me of deja vu (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler wrote: <snip> (...) I just took a power supply that reeked of burnt plastic/wires out out of an HP desktop, so I'm pretty much a stinker right now, too... Dave K (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This reminds me of deja vu (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) I just finished smoking a cigar with a friend, so I am, too. But I empathetically deny that spurilous characterization by Dave! ;-) JOHN (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This reminds me of deja vu (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) All seriousness aside, your olfactory observation rings partially (WRT me) true. I came online for the first time when I joined LUGNET, and was very disoriented with the concept of discussing ideas, etc with my fingers. Discussions I had in (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) That's just the sort of comment I expect to see from a white man. (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Please refrain from profanity at Lugnet, Dave! (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

This is really bizarre. I ask a simple question and have my ethics about race questioned, my honesty about my job and my motives about my Lego collection called into the fray. Well I am too old to deal with Timmy. He is spring loaded to the pi..ed (...) (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX) !

  Re: This reminds me of deja vu (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) I'm sure that thread would have gone on longer, but if you look at the dates of the posts you can see why it stopped. Maggie C. (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This reminds me of deja vu (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) Ah yes. It would have been rather churlish to continue. Strange that I don't remember that thread since I was reading lugnet quite frequently then and certainly remember the kindness and compassion shown after September 11. Tim (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This reminds me of deja vu (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) Yikes! I didn't even think of that. I just assumed that, as usual, all dissent was quelled by my stirring rhetoric and unassailable logic. Dave! (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This reminds me of deja vu (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) That's very true. Whatever else LUGNET has been/can be, its members have never failed to rally in support when one of us has faced crisis or trauma. Some of the best moments that I can recall since first coming here back in 1999 have been the (...) (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)