 Off-Topic / Debate / 27763
Re: lego from China and Czech Republic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2006 17:52:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, John Patterson wrote:
Is it just me, or are Legos becoming of a lower quaility.  They just don't seem
to fit together the same.  China and Czech republic, Perhaps that explains it.
Perhaps the reason for the color change.  I still cannot believe that they did a
scientific study of what kids like best.  Most kids would probably say doesn't
matter.
   I really feel that the quality is going down hill.  I have over 7000 sets and
and extra 535,000 parts.  I hadn't noticed this problem until I put together
some newer sets, which I have not done for over 4 years.  The change is there
and it is obivious.  I realize that Lego has been losing money, but another
company going to China.  I think that perhaps Lego needs another board of
directors more concerned about quality than quick sales.

I'm pretty sure that Lego bricks aren't made in China, only certain extra stuff.
I have to say that I very much resent the implication here that stuff made in
China or the Czech Republic will be inferior. I would hope you would keep such
implicitly bigoted comments to yourself in future.

Tim

Moved to .off-topic.debate as I'm not sure what this has to do with CAD