 Off-Topic / Debate / 26306
Re: Personality test vs. Religion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:25:22 GMT

I don't know that the theist/atheist metric is significant in this context.  I
judge myself to be quite decisive, but I don't judge my decisions to be
absolute or unchanging.

How would you define decisiveness, then? The speed at which you make a decision?
I guess I'd say that if you either admit you could be wrong, or actually do
change your mind frequently enough, you're less decisive. But that's just the
semantics game.

Such inflexibility is, in fact,
praised in the corporate world as a sign of leadership and managerial
strength, but that just shows you how masturbatory and narcissistic the
corporate management structure really is.

Just goes to show that people love to say "I told you so" (or at least know they
COULD say it). If there were no such concept, I kinda wonder if as much value
would be placed on it.

Anyone know any Meyers/Briggs analysis that cross references religion?

Ugh.  Can we omit this jungian divining rod from our discussions?  As a
predictive model, Meyers/Briggs enjoys about the same level of success as
palmistry or entrails-reading.

I honestly don't really have any experience *other* than M/B (not to be confused
with MB, the evil clone brand), which actually described me pretty well, as well
as others I took it with. Is there a better metric floating around out there? Or
are all personality tests doomed to failure given the nature of the human mind
not to fit into nicely pre-determined boxes?

DaveE