 Off-Topic / Debate / 26283
Re: The Brick Testament: Joshua and the Israelites Massacre Twenty-Nine Kingdoms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 06:50:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Stephane Simard wrote:

Dan did a very good job at answering that first question - killing versus
murder.  There is indeed a very real difference between the two, Biblically
speaking.

Now to see for yourself:  Grab your Bible and see for yourself with these
selected readings on "the Canaanite Genocide":

Genesis 13:14-17  - Yawheh promises Abraham the land
Leviticus 18:1-28  - Sins of the Canaanites
Leviticus 20:1-24  - More sins of the Canaanites
Deuteronomy 7:1-11  - Why the Canaanites must be destroyed
Deuteronomy 9:4-6  - Canaanites destroyed only because they were wicked
Joshua 1:1-9  - Yawheh tells Joshua to take the land and follow Him
Joshua 23:12-13  - the danger of mingling with remaining Canaanites
Judges 1 - not all Canaanites were destroyed
Judges 2:1-3 - the results of that
1 Kings 11:4 - much later Solomon, King of Isreal, led astray...
2 Kings 16:3-4  - a typical example of a King following Canaanite's ways
And to really see how bad things got, take a gander at Isaiah or Jeremiah!

I really appreciate your reply, Matthew.  Great insight and answers to these
questions that are raised due to the Brick Testament’s missing context and
background of the events.

Mark