 Off-Topic / Debate / 22307
Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 02:04:38 GMT

Out of curiosity, what led you to conclude that Arnold was the best qualified
candidate to head the world's fifth-largest economy?

Instinct.  It's worked many times for me before.

Ok, before you hit me with a "Get real!" remark I was just plain sick of the
usual politicians.  I just wanted to try someone else.

One reason is that this is a potential violation of voter privacy. Another
reason was that this courteous ballot-checking wasn't in place in Florida in
2002, so the "whining" you decry was in fact a reasonable (and legally
responsible) objection to possibly inadequate voting procedures.  Additionally,
many ballot-punching machines don't grant the voter a chance to review the
ballot before it's dumped in the box.

I was shown the blank side and so was the guy who asked me if it was "clear" and
it was for less than 5 seconds.  I really doubt that guy is going to have
memorized what and who I voted for much less give a crap.  Once it goes into
that box it's over.

Adr.