 Off-Topic / Debate / 21657
Re: With Saddam's sons dead, now we just need to bag dad (Baghdad get it?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:30:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   It matters a great deal to the Iraqi people. “Death of the kids”? Or how about “death of the murderous, sadistic thugs”? Look how pathetically partisan you’ve become-- criticizing the deaths of 2 pieces of human excrement. Sad, really. I suppose you will light a candle when we hand over SH’s head on a platter to the Iraqi people...

Your certainty confounds me AGAIN!

There was no trial. There is no evidence. Sure, there are allegations. All I do know is that two persons alleged to be Saddam’s children and likewise alleged to be criminals against humanity were killed.

So are you asserting that because they never had their day in court, they were innocent?

   I think there are people in D.C. that are criminals against humanity; but I don’t actively seek their blood, I just want them out of office ASAP with as little fuss as possible.

Your comparison is, if not completely laughable, not analogous.

   Get with the program and step into this century. These guys should have been captured and brought before an international tribunal that could have passed judgment on both the criminals and their captors.

This yahoo justice sickens me.

Dude, to go out in a blaze of glory was their decision! I read a quotation from an Iraqis who said he was sorry to hear that the pair had been killed. He commented that he’d wished they been sufficiently tortured first. They knew what capture would have meant.

JOHN