 Off-Topic / Debate / 20252
Re: Hotel Palestine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:16:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

Was it reasonable use of force?
If indeed the tank crewman thought he saw a spotter (and I have to give him
eagle eyes to choose among all the people with lenses on the balconies),
wasn't that whole incident a lot like using a nuke to kill flies?

You just don't get it do you?

This line of debate is rapidly getting pointless.

Whoa.  Let me state that the three people's opinions that I most respect and
enjoy reading are yours, Pedro's, and Lindsay's (okay, maybe throw Dave! in
there, though he can get a little short at times (as if I'm better <g>)).
This is one of the very rare times I feel Pedro is talking about something
he doesn't really understand and is so emotionally wrapped up in that it is
something of a barrier to his understanding the situation.

I think it is very illustrative to see how someone outside of North America
views the events, even if I disagree with their interpretation.  I'm not
sure that I will change Pedro's mind during the course of this discussion:
people usually don't change their minds until some time later when they have
had a chance to reflect on what was said, and perhaps look into the matter
some more.  I don't think this has been pointless.

-->Bruce<--