 Off-Topic / Debate / 20193
Re: Hotel Palestine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 20:36:41 GMT

I must take exception to the use of the term "coalition" -- a coded term
intended to suggest dozens in numbers when in actuality only 3 countries are
actively participating in the INVASION of Iraq: the U.S., England, and
Australia.

Further, there may be the false belief that the "elected" representatives in
these countries are pursuing the will of their respective constituents when
one gets the sense that nothing could be further from the truth.  Sure, it's
possible that a "clueless" majority want to get some payback for 911 or
believe the lies about WMD and democracy in the middle east -- but the rest
of us are just appalled at the blatant usurpation of our opposition to this
maniacal war.  Our elected officials, almost across the board, suckle at the
corporate teat and are obsessed with being associated with the "winning
side" -- they have therefore ignored our demands and pleas to stop this war
madness right this minute.  This war is not prosecuted in our names; but, in
fact, over our collective and vociferous objections.

Let's keep it nice and simple.  Please don't use the term "coalition" -- use
"invading forces" instead.  As an example you might have written the following:

"appalled by this demonstration of idiocy from a soldier, which *I hope* is
not representative of the bulk of the invading forces"

-- Hop-Frog