 Off-Topic / Debate / 18941
Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:56:09 GMT

Or, better, bring [our troops] home.

And while you're withdrawing your troops from non-US countries, please
remove your diplomats, your meddling, and your arms sales from any country
that is not yours.

I would certainly support that plan.  Can we rely on our allies in France
(for example) likewise to cease the sale of arms to any country that doesn't
belong to France?

Usually the list of Who The US Won't Sell To is the same as the list that
France Will Sell To.  Pretty much where there is a demand, there will be a
supply.

As to meddling, David (not Dave!), at what point should the US have stopped
"medlling" in the affairs of other nations?  1914?  1939?  1960?  Or only
now?  I'm just trying to find out if you are against all meddling, or just
specific meddling.  Are you advocating that Canada removes all its
diplomats, too.  Countries shouldn't have any means of communication open?

-->Bruce<--