 Off-Topic / Debate / 18672
Re: stopping topics vs. dealing with troublemakers and nonconstructive participants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:15:44 GMT

The idea is for *me* to do what *I* can.  If the Wright brothers followed
your logic, they'd say, "Well, look at all those other failures--those
people tried and didn't fly, so we might as well not put in the effort
ourselves."

  Very true, but the Wright brothers didn't say "Let's try the same methods
that failed for all those other guys."  They also didn't say "Let's try to
make our airplane work by flying repeatedly into an impenetrable barrier."
  Your attempt to establish understanding is admirable but apparently futile!

Proverbs 26:4 - Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like
him yourself.

Proverbs 26:5 - Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in
his own eyes.

  Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster.  And if you gaze into
the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.  Nietzsche, in "Beyond Good and Evil."

     Dave!