 Off-Topic / Debate / 18624
Re: stopping topics vs. dealing with troublemakers and nonconstructive participants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:02:14 GMT

Larry,
I'm really flattered by the effort you put into this troll.

Don't think I'd call it a troll, per se; though there were elements that
were troll-ish.

Indeed, some were troll-ish – the rest were plain trolls. ;)

However, I just
can't be bothered showing how ironic I find what you are saying.

But you could be bothered to say that you couldn't be bothered to say how
ironic you find it? I can't be bothered saying how silly I think that is.

I’m sure you’ll agree that showing and saying are two different things? ;)

BTW: Do you remember when you spoofed my identity?

I have to admit (assuming we're talking about the mailing list unsubsciption
dealy?) that I expected a bit more regret from Larry concerning his actions
on that one. But I don't think it was a spoof by any means. He never claimed
to be you (or such is my understanding), he just unsubscribed you.

That is certainly not my understanding. ;)

BTW: Do you remember when you were temporarily banned for identity spoofing?

I did what I did in good faith and in plain view to demonstrate how weak the
security on the site was back then. I apologised and had my posting privileges
suspended for a day or two.

Whereas, I think Larry impersonated me as he was being plain irrational. Did he
not leave in shame for a couple of weeks afterwrds?

Scott A