 Off-Topic / Debate / 10766
Re: Virtues of Veganism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:45:51 GMT

Christopher Tracey wrote:
I mainly use it if I'm at a conference and starving and
all they have at the snack counter is muffins or something.

What kinds of conferences (this sentence just struck me as thinking of
the types of conferences I attend which would have a "snack counter"
which are Unitarian Universalist conferences, just wondering if we've
got another UU here).

I ate at a vegan restaurant last week and they had two opportunities on the
menu for you to specially request a cheese on a dish.  My co-diner was a bit
freaked out, but I guess it didn't bother me.  Nothing on the menu was
prepared non-vegan by default.

I ate a vegetarian restaurant (Seva in Ann Arbor) three weeks ago and
they mistakingly put cheese on the dish I order which oddly enough
wasn't supposed to have cheese on it at all.  That one threw me for a
loop.

Boy, I think eating a vegetarian restaurant would give me severe
heartburn. Did you eat the staff, or just the walls and furniture?
VVVVVVVBG...

Frank