 Off-Topic / Debate / 10696
Re: Virtues of Veganism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:53:46 GMT

I'm astonished and ashamed that I've never heard of this previously.
Having spent 10 years in the Penn State environment, wherein people leap to
protest the slightest perceived injustice, I'm stunned that no one ever
mentioned this, even at the ridiculous annual Earth Day merchandising bonanzas.

Yeah, it makes me wonder how much of the support of these very important
environmental and ethical issues comes from genuine interest, and how much
is just trendy, something-to-do fadism that comes and goes. In my opinion,
all support is welcome but it seems more noble if it's well informed,
personally committed support and not sheepish following. And that goes for
just about everything.

Thank you for the link--that's a truly disgusting practice and should be
featured on every travel brochure and billboard for that community.

No doubt! What a terrible shame. Crimes against humanity are painfully
tragic but I think crimes against nature are just as terrible. Yeah, it was
many years ago when I heard about it on TV but it sure made an impression on
me. It never occured to me to look it up online. I went to Yahoo and entered
"pilot whale killing norway" for a search and a whole bunch of stuff came up.

Dan