 Off-Topic / Debate / 10695
Re: Virtues of Veganism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 16:53:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
Here's some online info I found about that pilot whale massacre I mentioned:

http://animalrights.about.com/newsissues/animalrights/library/weekly/aa072800a.htm

  I'm astonished and ashamed that I've never heard of this previously.
Having spent 10 years in the Penn State environment, wherein people leap to
protest the slightest perceived injustice, I'm stunned that no one ever
mentioned this, even at the ridiculous annual Earth Day merchandising bonanzas.
  Thank you for the link--that's a truly disgusting practice and should be
featured on every travel brochure and billboard for that community.

     Dave!