 Off-Topic / Debate / 10735
Re: Lugnet has a problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 16:27:21 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
Lugnet has a problem.

No one can have their own opinion if it differs from everyone elses.

If they do, they are attacked.  Read the posts that were in reply to my own,
stating my discontent with the re-release of the Castle set the Guarded Inn.

Because I don't rate that set highly and would rather see another in its place,
I am branded a 'complainer about all that lego does.'

Well here is my response to that.

Citizens of Lugnet, this is one AFOL that will no longer be posting to lugnet
unless it deals directly with his own website.  Why?  Because if YOU don't care
about what I have to say, then I have no reason to say anything, do I?  Don't
think this is some isolated case, either.  I have stated my opinions all over
lugnet, and I am either looked over, ignored, or beaten down.  Forgive me for
being me.  In all reality, I should never post again, as I cannot see a really
good reason to.  But because there are the select few whom I care about here on
lugnet, and they care about me, I would think, I shall not leave entirely.  As
for the rest of you, well, I hope God gives you the good graces to understand
those who are just a little different than the pack.

To Lego Direct, I never said rereleasing sets was a bad idea.  I just think you
could have picked a MUCH better set than the Guarded Inn that represented the
castle line.

And that is my final two cents.

--Anthony Sava

Anthony Please Don't leave Lugnet or stop posting.  I have been in your
shoes before.  When I suggested that some people would not be especially
happy if the July surprise was the reissue of the early 80's sets.
(specifically the guarded Inn but for different reasons than the ones you
stated) I was called selfserving and caddie and got a lecture on what it
means to be cool.  I scratched my head (hard) and shurged and kept going
(well it took a little more time that that). but I haven't taken posts by
people who disagree with me or that I disagree with as faulty or less
important (after a week or so ;). Than any other posts. (hmmm this paragraph
seem to be about me and not convincing you not to leave lugnet maybe I AM
selfserving. ha ha ha)

(the folowing is a rant/atempted expination of general message board
problems.  Ignor it if you feel so inclined.  hopefuly 1 or 2 people read it
and tell me I'm full of crap or at least think a bit about posting to
meassage boards.  Someone else responded above with a similar point, but
since I'm on web TV and it doesn't have multipule browser windows I can't
check back to see who said it or what exactly they said.)

this is a problem with all message board systems.  printed words can easly
be misinterperted.  plus it is hard to show emphisis and things like sarcasm
etc.  also once someone says something it is out there for everyone to see
even if it was posted it in anger, while drunk, depressed or extremely
overjoyed.  No one can see these things and use them to help interperate
what is being said.  and an immediate responce s not possible.  another
problem is the "in crowd" or peer pressure  problem. It is easier to agree
with the crwd that to go against it.  I admit that I fall into this trap
too.  I've looked back at posts thinking why did I post that I haven't said
anything new.  One final problem with Message boards is typos (especially
when I type) a mistyped letter or word can easily be misinterperted to give
it a whole different meaning.  which can change the whole feel of a post.

(end rant ect.)

John