 Off-Topic / Debate / 10726
Re: Lugnet has a problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 07:22:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
To Lego Direct, I never said rereleasing sets was a bad idea.  I just think >you could have picked a MUCH better set than the Guarded Inn that represented >the castle line.

Anthony, do PLEASE get a thicker skin!  Everybody is thinking that TLC could
have picked something else, something better.  That's why there are all
these posts about what sets should come next -- those are the very sets that
a lot of people wish had been chosen this time! And each person has their
own set that they wish might have come before Guarded Inn.  I for one do not
argue this point overmuch.

But I do think TLC chose well this time.  It could have been far worse, or
never have even happened.  This is a good start and we can hope for more and
better next time.

I do not see that your opinions are that far from my own, or those of Gary
Istok, and a couple of others besides -- as regards this particular subject
of the re-release of Guarded Inn. Our views are not black or white, but
rather exist along a continuum upon which your views are leaning towards the
more strongly negative than the rest of the pack.  Don't take it personally.
You express your view, someone else disagrees, and so on. Just because there
are more voices opposing your views than in perfect accord with those views
doesn't make anyone right or wrong about it.

I think you may be caught up in the heat of battle and taking it personally,
whereas you REALLY don't have to. Do you see what I am saying?

-- Hop-Frog (the peacekeeper?)