 Off-Topic / Debate / 10734
Re: Lugnet has a problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 16:26:06 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
Lugnet has a problem.

No one can have their own opinion if it differs from everyone elses.

I'm not certain why you set the FUT to .off-topic.debate, because it
is certainly on-topic for LUGNET.  Anyhow, in keeping with my vow
to stay out of this group, this is going to be a fire-and-forget
message  :]

My advice is to just not worry about it.  I disagree quite frequently
with what others say, particularly in regards to the business-side
of TLC.  Sometimes I voice it and sometimes I don't.  And I know
there are plenty of occasions where others have disagreed with me as
well.

So don't worry about it.

If everybody were to agree with you, then you just flipped sides in
your argument that people can't have differing opinions.  And if
somebody jumps on you disagreeing with your opinions, hey, that's
normal.  If it rubs you the wrong way enough, take it up with them
in personal email if you're really that worried about it.

State your opinions if you want to.  They're yours, and you're
entitled to them.  Just keep them on-topic for the group and civil
and there's no problem.  And remember:  not all opinions need to
be defended.  If you post something and others disagree, you don't
need to come back and defend yourself in a debate.  Fire-and-forget
posts really are okay, too.

Peace,
KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada