 MediaWatch / 842
  Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

This is very weird how they grouped the Brick Testament site along with the other offensive material...I guess I better purge my cache at work! Seems like they have blown this way out of proportion at this poor guys expense (or they were just (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) (URL) bother - the FBI already knows you like LEGO. And their logic might not be as rigorous as that reporter's. (That was sarcasm. I hope.) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) stronger bastions of respectable journalism in the UK. In any case, I sent the following letter to the editor. It's couched in the usual over-assertive letter-to-the-editor style that seems the only way to get past the sub-editors. to: (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) Would the FBI care? (I don't think the FBI starts looking at you until your a suspect of something, so unless you've got a reason to think the FBI may be after you...) I'd think the NSA, CIA, or the newly formed Homeland Security Department (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) How true. It always amuses me at how our society "shuns" those parts of the Bible that aren't all holy and pure. Guess what people? You have to deal with the bad AND the good because the original writers are trying to TELL you something (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

I would encourage people disgusted by Fionnula Bourke's article to email their grievance at: icFeedback@mrn.co.uk my response: In your article "Councillor in child porn probe" Dec 29 2002, by Fionnula Bourke, you report the Brick Testament as a site (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

(...) I agree completely, I'm no authority but I would suppose that what's in the BT is no more so that in the Bible. That reference was ment to discredit that person in question and the BT was used to paint a futher despicable picture on the back (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

I would also add that a review of the 20 Questions article on BimP would shed a whole "lotta" light on the Reverend's view of the bible and it's message. Sheesh...don't journalist do their research anymore? This is simply nuts. Steven (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) Yeah, the whole thing blows. I really hope they don't jump on the Rev. for this. Nobody deserves to get stomped for harmless fun. I mean, I can see how, maybe, you could get ticked at someone for a few of the things on the site, but is it (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

Exactly! That is an excellent point Steve. I would think that all the positive reations and media attention Brendon's work has recv'd will stand on it own. Too bad the actions of one perv make other peoples names/work get dragged thru the mud. e (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

What is most disturbing about this story is the blatant attempt to link the Brick Testament and child pornography. This article claims that this gentleman was arrested on suspicion of possessing child pornography, then proceeds to give the example (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) I wonder if this falls under the "no such thing as bad publicity" banner. I can't wait to see the Reverend's reaction... --Bill. (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

(...) That's the point exactly. Brendan has been scrupulous not to manufacture anything that you can't find right there in the verses he cites for each image. Like Kyle said... is this person anti Bible? (...) I would agree with the sentiment, Eric, (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: OT Brick Testament CONSPIRACY??!!

(...) Legal jurisdiction, they'd just assinate you. I got no doubt the CIA is our secret police. BTW, if I dissapear tomorrow, it's the CIA... (...) What do these guys do anyway? They're the Illuminati's strong arm, aren't they? Mark (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

Eric Sophie wrote in message ... (...) Eric, re this and your previous remark: the guy has been investigated for *allegations*. Not convicted. Innocent until proved guilty, remember? And given that the source of all our info on this so far is the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) Seeing minifigs having incestuous relations with a wink in their eyes was a turnoff. If anything, it's a twisted use of LEGO. Patrick S. O'Donnell (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

True, true. I concede. e (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

BTW...have we heard from Brendan about this issue? Steven (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) Wow, this is great. I mean I hate to see fans of The Brick Testament getting hauled off to jail, and it's sad to see the depth to which journalism can sink... but then again, this is just too funny. Many thanks to James for pointing this out. (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

My main complaint is that they seem to have confused my site "Brick Tales", with Brendan's. Seriously, while we've had discussions here about Brendan's choice of story material, it is a bit off to be upset that there are stories about murder and (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

(...) I was googling around yesterday and found another paper that carried the story. No idea if they were just re-reporting what was said (URL) also found what I THINK is the website in question, but it appears to be gone (URL) google cached it (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

(...) Although it wasn't the article which made this elected(?) member resign, it can not be helping the court of public opinion, which he has to live in. This sort of drivel usually filters out and redflags the nominds so anyone who reads that (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) While we beat up this reporter for not understanding BT, let's be a little more careful in our reading of the article. It didn't connect BT with child p*rn; it used it as an example of the poor judgement this person exercised in his choice of (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) I was interested to hear what you would think of all this. But, for my part, an attack on our community is an attack on me. Also, I'm sure the irony hasn't escaped you that the revulsion people direct toward your site is based on the very (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) More than you might think. However I think if we veer off into discussion of this in more depth, it probably belongs in off-topic.debate. (21 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

Inspired by one of Larry's posts, I found the Google cache of the links page: (URL) is worth noting that there is also a link to LUGNet. Bryan Beckwith (21 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) Hey, thanks for digging. What was the magic search string? I gotta say, while I won't be pasting the page up into my copy of "Ten best designed web pages ever" (I hate stuff that blinks), it's pretty tame stuff indeed. (21 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

(...) This is what I had to say... I have been a LEGO® enthusiast since childhood, and I find Fionnula Bourke's report to be offensive in that it attempts to link "The Brick Testament" with the likes of child pornography. Brendan Powell Smith (the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

I question the "questionable" nature of such web site links as the Brick Testament (the biblical stories depicted are right out of the bible, there is no editing or 'artistic license' taken with the stories), Thomas the Tank Engine (sorta like (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) Yeah, after all the build-up, the actual page of links was almost shockingly mundane, and a bit of a letdown, I must say. Thanks for excavating it, though, Bryan. (...) You really do get the feeling of "trumped up charges" after reading that (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist!

(...) Thanks, Lar, Happy New Year. e (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)