 MediaWatch / 854
Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:35:29 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Eric Sophie writes:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Felix Greco writes:
I would encourage people disgusted by Fionnula Bourke's article to email
their grievance at:
icFeedback@mrn.co.uk

I agree completely, I'm no authority but I would suppose that what's in the
BT is no more so that in the Bible.

That's the point exactly. Brendan has been scrupulous not to manufacture
anything that you can't find right there in the verses he cites for each
image. Like Kyle said... is this person anti Bible?

That reference was ment to discredit
that person in question and the BT was used to paint a futher despicable
picture on the back of Brendon's efforts. I found it very distasteful. Any
reader can obviously see that the two issues were unrelated. It was sad that
the writer had to use what ever they could drudge up to make that person
look worse. What that person did was bad enough on its own without having to
contribe further.

I would agree with the sentiment, Eric, but I would point out that in the
article itself there aren't actually any cites of sites that actuallly are
porn. Just a bunch of smearage and sniggering of sites that are not but
which can be spun that way.

At least that was my read.

That actually makes it worse, this local council member may not actually be
guilty of anything at all!

To all... I think the more people write to the email address given, and that
do so in their own words, the better. (That is, DON'T cut and paste someone
else's letter and change a few words. That dilutes the message)

If we let this one go, What's next? Eric's mechs promote violence???
(anyone who knows Eric, his gentle nature, and his stunning work, knows I am
being sarcastic here...)