 MediaWatch / 847
846  |  848
Subject:
Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 19:49:49 GMT

I would encourage people disgusted by Fionnula Bourke's article to email
their grievance at:
icFeedback@mrn.co.uk

my response:

In your article "Councillor in child porn probe" Dec 29 2002, by Fionnula
Bourke, you report the Brick Testament as a site "in which Lego characters act
out twisted biblical tales involving rape and violence."

Had Ms. Bourke bothered to research this site, she would have found the nudity
and violence warnings are put forth as warnings, not for sick enjoyment as Ms
Bourke would imply.  I would refer Ms Bourke to Mr. Peter Lyle's report of the
site:

http://www.thereverend.com/brick_testament//press/independent_01_12_23.html

Readers appreciate objective reporting with facts to back it up.  There is no
need to bring down the work of an artist just because Pat McLoughlin viewed
the site.

Felix Greco, MS
LEGO enthusiast