 MediaWatch / 873
Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 01:38:01 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Felix Greco writes:
I would encourage people disgusted by Fionnula Bourke's article to email
their grievance at:
icFeedback@mrn.co.uk

This is what I had to say...

I have been a LEGO® enthusiast since childhood, and I find Fionnula Bourke's
report to be offensive in that it attempts to link "The Brick Testament"
with the likes of child pornography.
Brendan Powell Smith (the author of The Brick Testament) has created a true
work of art, depicting some of the darker elements of the Christian Bible
which many in our modern society conveniently ignore.

Your reporter is a lazy sleazebag and should be fired...but on the other
hand, this is the standard by which the modern media adheres to, so the
effect of my complaint is probably lost on you anyway.

Harvey Henkelman, Ferroequinologist
http://community.webtv.net/Ferroequus/FerroequusDomain