 MediaWatch / 842
841  |  843
Subject:
Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:28:27 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This is very weird how they grouped the Brick Testament site along with the
other offensive material...I guess I better purge my cache at work! Seems
like they have blown this way out of proportion at this poor guys expense
(or they were just looking for something to get him on)

jt

---------------------
Councillor in child porn probe Dec 29 2002

By Fionnula Bourke, Sunday Mercury

A top Midland Midland Tory councillor has resigned after a police
investigation into allegations that he downloaded child porn onto his
personal computer.

And the Sunday Mercury can reveal that Pat McLoughlin, 65, had previously
set up his own website containing links to several questionable internet sites.

They include The Brick Testament, in which Lego characters act out twisted
biblical tales involving rape and violence.

There is also a link to a site called Russian Brides, where provocative
women advertise for potential western husbands.

Former printer Mr McLoughlin, who lives in Norton Canes, Staffordshire, has
resigned as a councillor on Cannock District Council following his arrest by
police.

He has been bailed until February but he has continued as a councillor on
Norton Canes Parish Council - the body he once led as chairman.

He and his wife Frances have three grown-up children.

A source close to the investigation told the Sunday Mercury: “Mr McLoughlin
has not been charged with anything, but he is the subject of an ongoing
police investigation.

“These are very delicate matters and he has decided that it is best that he
quit his position on the council due to the nature of them.

“They include allegations that he could have down-loaded illegal images of
children from the internet.

“Various items belonging to Mr McLoughlin have also been seized by officers.
They will be looked at and when they have been fully examined, it will be
determined whether he will be charged with anything.

“This is not connected with the FBI checks into child pornography on the
internet that have been running across the country.”

Fifty police officers were arrested earlier this month as a result of
Operation Ore, the UK end of an FBI operation which has traced 250,000
paedophiles worldwide.

They were snared through their credit cards, which were used to pay for
child porn.

Mr McLoughlin’s website contains information about the local Conservative
party, Swedish fuchsias and Thomas the Tank Engine.

But the site, last updated on December 17, also contains links to many other
web pages.

The link to The Brick Tales is forwarded by a recommendation from Mr
McLoughlin saying: “I have recently found this site. It is well worth a
visit. The Old and New Testament stories brought to life through LEGO!

“All stories are classified for NUDITY, SEX, VIOLENCE and CURSING.”

One sequence titled “Rape, Treachery & Slaughter” shows a man stalking a
woman through the bushes before pouncing on her and carrying out a rape.
Others depict violence and circumcision.

A personal forward to the Russian Brides site says: “If you have had a row
with the missus, you might care to peruse a new model here.”

The Sunday Mercury contacted Mr McLoughlin about the child porn
investigation but he declined to comment.

In a second call to his home address, a woman also refused to comment but
said: “These are nothing but allegations and that is all.”

Several councillors have spoken of their shock at hearing of Mr McLoughlin’s
sudden departure from the district council.

Coun Ted Hodges, who serves on the district and Norton parish council, said:
“I was absolutely shocked when I heard he had resigned. It knocked me back
on my heels.

“I feel he had quite a lot to offer the community.”

Doreen Evans, secretary for Norton Canes Parish Council, said: “He hasn’t
resigned from the parish council. I was very shocked when I heard the news.”

In a statement, Reg Cooper, Cannock Chase Conservative group leader, said:
“Having regard to the new councillor code of conduct and after seeking
advice from the council’s legal officer, Mr McLoughlin has resigned from the
council.

“He is currently at the centre of a police investigation.”

Mr McLoughlin’s details have now been taken off the official district
council website.

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100localnews/page.cfm?objectid=12488136&method=full&siteid=50002