 MediaWatch / 865
Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:25:28 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Kevin Wilson writes:
Eric Sophie wrote in message ...
Too bad the actions of one perv make other peoples names/work get dragged
thru the mud.

Eric, re this and your previous remark: the guy has been investigated for
*allegations*. Not convicted. Innocent until proved guilty, remember?

And given that the source of all our info on this so far is the journalist
who did less than good homework on the BT, I would take everything said in
that article with a very large sackful of salt.

Kevin
Although it wasn't the article which made this elected(?) member resign, it
can not be helping the court of public opinion, which he has to live in.
This sort of drivel usually filters out and redflags the nominds so anyone
who reads that article as the gospel truth is identifying themselves as one
to avoid in general, but they can make this man's life difficult. It sounds
like he just had some edgier links for his friends to check out. I've been
to personal websites of friends of mine who in person are normal clerical
office girls, but there sites have some plain twisted links in them. That
dosn't make them criminals. This sort of bad press dosn't outweigh all the
intelligent  criticism that R.B.P. has had so far and one would imagine that
he's had a lot worse said to him in private by zealots than this. Still,
it's no fun to see a great art project so summarily dismissed.

cheers, Joseph

http://blobfarm.ath.cx/lego.html