 MediaWatch / 869
Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 20:04:20 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Felix Greco writes:
Many thanks to James for pointing this out.  I'd hate to have missed it.
And yes, Bill, I think I would definitely fall under the "any publicity is
good publicity" rule.

I was interested to hear what you would think of all this.  But, for my
part, an attack on our community is an attack on me.  Also, I'm sure the
irony hasn't escaped you that the revulsion people direct toward your site
is based on the very bible that establishes their own principles.  It never
ceases to amaze me how little many self proclaimed christians know of their
own religious canon.  I think the true beauty your work has accomplished is
the visualization of things people don’t want to think about.  Regardless of
how people feel about your work, the true root of what is bothering them is
not your artistic integrity, but that, with plastic minifigs, the facts that
are often glossed over in the bible are being brought to life.  And
possibly, a bit of jealousy that you know more about the book they’ve based
their lives on.  But, I digress.  These are my opinions which are
undoubtedly not shared by many others.

More than you might think. However I think if we veer off into discussion of
this in more depth, it probably belongs in off-topic.debate.