 MediaWatch / 1657
Re: European vs American Market and Values (Was: LEGO sells "violent"toys?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:16:17 GMT

Christian Treczoks wrote in message ...
makes it very successfull over here. Playmobil has about thrice the
shelf space than Lego in a typical toy shop or supermarket. But there is
no chance that they could gain a noticable amount of foothold in the
American market with their current product lines, their design, their
ideas. American kids would propably consider Playmobil too booring, too
tame. And blindly adapting all these points to the American market would
be repeating the same mistake Lego already made.

I can't speak for toy stores in the US, but in my part of Canada, in
independent toystores (I don't see it in department stores at all),
Playmobil has as much or more shelf space as LEGO, usually right next to it.

But then, Canadians are so much more boringly polite and gentle than
Americans, LOL!

Kevin
Farmhouse kit: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-farm.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information: