 MediaWatch / 1643
Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:58:44 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Christian Treczoks wrote:
Jake McKee wrote:
Many tend to confuse the terms/concepts of "violence" and "conflict". These two
cannot and should not be used interchangably.
I'm not into Bionicle, but I could not help but notice things like
claws, flaming swords, spear-like contraptions, etc[1] on these
"things". Items I would usually connect to "violence" instead of
"conflict". I noticed a lack of conflict-solving techniques like
communication in the Bionicle line, though.

Cats have claws.  Does that make a cat violent?  Well, it may, but only when
provoked... Question--who does the provoking?

As much as I don't collect Bionicle, I have found through the (free) comic books
and the Lego-produced movies, there is a large focus put on "thinking" and
"teamwork".

As for World City...you'll see police--I mean, who's going to protect the city?  Bionicle figures?   For the rest of World City, as you've already seen from other posts, there's a lot more coming--and it's not police-based....

Scott