 MediaWatch / 1636
Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:48:33 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Brian Davis wrote:

I know that my old Galaxy Explorer (70's) had a
front-mounted laser on it

No no no.  According to Bricklink
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3839
those are clearly "handles".  This is so your super-strong minifig can pick up
the spaceship by the nose and put it away on the shelf.

not to
mention the mass-destruction capabilities of the 462 Rocket Launcher, '78).

Again, you are misconstruing.  Both this and the Alpha-1 Rocket Base were
clearly for launching satelites into lunar orbit.  Nope, not ICBMs* at all.

And the cowboys and indians . . . oh, never mind.

;)

*I suppose they couldn't really be ICBMs as my childhood imagination put these
on the moon rather than some hypothetical planet that has continents, but oh
well.

Bruce