 Marketplace / Theory / 1712
Re: Streamlining the parts selling process
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 15:09:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Jeff Shiner writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:
- SNIP -

I think the way to have a lot of sales if you're a parts seller is cater to
the big buyers. Actively seek them out, find out what they want, and sell it
for less than everyone else does. Either that or go the Jon Kozan route...
have some of everything and charge so much that it's economical to sell
someone 3 parts. But do we need more than one of those? I dunno.

Part of the trouble with this "big buyer" selling in my opinion is the
number of unwanted parts which are left over.  After the top buyers have
exhausted the seller of the desired parts the remainder are usually left to
Brickbay or other venues.  These leftover pieces are often harder to sell
then they would be in combination with the more desired parts.

Also an inventory of 5000, or even 10,000 pieces may be insufficient to peak
the interest of many top buyers who want 100's of each type of piece.

If it's the *right* 5000 pieces, you can be sure my interest will be piqued,
although it may not be the peak of piquing...

But yes, this is a problem indeed... you have to set the desirables high
enough so that you can set the undesireables low enough to clear them out
and still make money.

detrius?   Do you mean detritus, or is detrius just a word I am not familiar
with (there are certainly enough of those).

Detritus. "the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up"

That's what I typed. Cosmic rays must have caused it to change before you
read it. :-)

++Lar