 Marketplace / Theory / 1781
Re: Streamlining the parts selling process
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 06:18:50 GMT

To All,

    I have been following to this to some extent, but it is interesting.
Let's see....

Dealing with onesies and twosies is so time consuming that in order for it
to be worth it to me to do it I'd have to charge many times what I charge
now, and I doubt it would be worth it even then.

It can be, it depends (0.08 parts are not, minifigs are, etc.). I found most
of my orders are never one or two, mostly 5-10 of each part at least. I have
few customers that buy so little quantities, but I offer it to people if
they want it. As for the time, it depends if I have everything sorted or
not. Once it is sorted, it is a snap. Most of the time goes into mailing,
labels, and packaging, website admin, payment requests, etc.

I'm going to try to find a balance, but don't expect to be able to buy 5 • 1x1
round plates or 3 yellow 2x4 bricks from me.  For those quantities you'd • be
better of at Baylit (where you'll pay a lot more - and rightly so, you're
getting more "work" than you do from me) or from someone else at Brickbay
who doesn't mind spending more of their spare time for relatively little
money.

Or you can go to my site! : ) (That's the Sanburn Systems Company)

Last weekend was the first time I ordered off Brickbay, and I love it.  I
also loved Dan Jezek's 50% off sale :D  Now all I gotta do is fill out my
wishlist...

Brickbay rocks - totally.  You'll do yourself a service by filling out the
wishlist - you'll find out about parts you want without having to always
browse around.

I have looked around Brickbay, many of times, and it is neat (Unfortunately,
it wasn't around when I was setting up my site). I don't want to buy any
LEGO sets or parts for me right now, most of my money is going into bills
and the business. I think I bought some sets from S@H, but I still need to
open the box.

Interesting disussion, anyway! Have a good night!

Scott "I love gettting 4 hours of sleep!" S.
--
Want LEGO Elements at Great Prices?
Visit The Sanburn Systems Company