 Marketplace / Theory / 1778
Re: Streamlining the parts selling process
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:26:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Mike Stanley writes:
That having been said, this thread has gotten big, and I'm going to reread
it now, maybe take some pics of my Lego room and inventory setup tomorrow,
and post them.  I can also say that I'm seriously thinking of working
towards offering less than huge quantities on most parts.

Cool :)

I know it works
for the larger buyers, but I've gone from my usual "can you sell just X out
of Y of these" mail that I get once every other week to actually getting two
of them this week alone.  I may not be able to do much with my current
inventory, as it is already sorted and counted and entered, but I'm working
on coming up with a way to incorporate smaller quantities (doubt I'll ever
do onesies or twosies) in my sorting/counting/storing process.

You probably remember that I just bought from your store, and though I
didn't email you, I was a little unhappy at the quantities I had to buy of
items.  Nevertheless, I bucked it up and did it anyways...because I just got
my checking account and its a novelty item (bad thing).  I guess I'm saying
in a long-winded way that I'm glad you're thinking about reducing your
quantities, because its a lot nicer to have the freedom to buy just what you
need.

Last weekend was the first time I ordered off Brickbay, and I love it.  I
also loved Dan Jezek's 50% off sale :D  Now all I gotta do is fill out my
wishlist...

-Tim