 Marketplace / Theory / 1716
Re: Streamlining the parts selling process
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 15:56:20 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:
If it's the *right* 5000 pieces, you can be sure my interest will be piqued,
although it may not be the peak of piquing...

But yes, this is a problem indeed... you have to set the desirables high
enough so that you can set the undesireables low enough to clear them out
and still make money.

Commodities. I've said it before and I'll sait it again, we need some kind of
system that allows persons desirous of a particular part/color to place
outstanding 'buy orders'. Preferrably in the open. Then the 'set busters' can do
analysis against what is wanted, what sets they can get at what price, and the
going market rate for the detritus. When the transaction makes sense, then do
it.

Ray

  Re: Streamlining the parts selling process

(...) Standing open buy orders... I suggested this very thing to Dan not too long ago. I think it's a great idea. I hope he does it, heck, he may have it in development as we speak! (of course you want to add "all or none", limit, stop, market, gtc (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.theory)