 Marketplace / Shipping / 124
Re: Padding materials (was Re: FS: 8880 Super Car, $135 shipped in the US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 18:36:00 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
I need to find a client like that, to get the newsprint ends. They are
better for packing than already printed newsprint, no ink to stain.

Larry,

Just find the place where your local papers are printed, they are sure to
have the ends piled up in  a corner somewhere.  I used to run a newspaper,
and they were more then happy to give us the ends when we asked for them.
(Usually used for packing stuff, or given to the local schools for kids to
draw on)

They WILL have them, because it's cheaper for them to waste the end of the
roll then to have to stop and start the press in the middle of a run to
change the roll (as this would cause them to waste paper on ALL the rolls
since it takes a while to get the presses up to speed and putting out clean
copies).

If you can't find any newspapers close by, then try the larger commercial
print shops, as they are likely to have web presses as well.

Troy.