 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4065
Re: FS: 8880 Super Car, $135 shipped in the US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 05:04:06 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 00:10:21 GMT, "Jeff Findley" <jeffnf@juno.com>
wrote:

I've still gotten no firm offers for my 8880 Super Car that I'm
selling.  I'm asking $135 for the set, insured shipping included to
anywhere in the 48 continental states (US states except Alaska and
Hawaii).

I'm just wondering - is there any difference in cost of shipping USPS
Priority Mail to Hawaii as opposed to one of the continental states?

I ask because I'm working on a deal to ship a set to someone and after
using the postal calculator at usps.gov using the correct zip codes it
looked like standard PM pricing.

Not questioning _your_ exclusion - just wondering if I'm missing
something and if I'm going to end up eating several more dollars in
shipping...

He may not be planning to ship Prio. At that weight and girth, regular
parcel post is cheaper than Prio, but I think the rate varies by
distance. I could be wrong as I hardly ever use parcel post, precisely
because Prio is easier to calculate.

Did you know you could order Prio supplies on line?
http://supplies.usps.gov/

They'll be shipped to you at no cost. Of course, you are bound by law to
use them only for Prio traffic.