 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4070
Re: FS: 8880 Super Car, $135 shipped in the US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 14:33:52 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

I'm just wondering - is there any difference in cost of shipping USPS
Priority Mail to Hawaii as opposed to one of the continental states?

My experience is that PM is a flat rate for the low lbs (4-5), then it
becomes variable depending on the distance. Heavier items (like two
buckets) seem to vary based on distance to destination (the post office
calls it zones). I have event seen parcel post come in (slightly) lower
than PM for certain weights/zones.

The difference between PM and PP is usually small. I sent identical
packages from Florida to oregon & alaska with the same rate.

Ray