 Marketplace / Shipping / 123
Re: FS: 8880 Super Car, $135 shipped in the US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 07:43:31 GMT

Rob Farver wrote:

I'm still debating how much time it will save me over my current method,
which is to buy a variety of postage to keep on hand and buy more when
I drop off packages at the postoffice.  I currently keep on hand a
variety of denominations including:

$3.20  PM 1lb
$0.55  2 ounce FC, or 2 of these for extra lb on PM
$0.33  1 ounce FC
$0.22  Extra ounce FC, or 2 for 1oz FC oversize

$0.45,$0.40 Used for Insurance under $50
$0.48  1oz Canada rate

This is my current scheme too, keep lots of denominations around. I just
bought a scale which will help. Since I delivery conf everything, what I
really really miss is a 35 cent stamp (or a 3.55 stamp) I also use a lot
of 1 dollar stamps, (overweight to europe, which is what i use when I
move money, it goes inside a tourist brochure of some sort) 48s (letter
to Canada) and 60s (regular to europe)

BTW, I have moved over (way over, not gonna say how much over exactly)
10,000 USD via mail now and haven't lost any yet.

But I usually end up just getting close on the postage and paying a few
cents more at the PO. IF I could get it 100% right, I could call for
pickup.

As to the estamps thing, I scoped out Pitney Bowes and their scheme does
not require a dongle, you just have to be online at the time you print.
But they also require address verification. This indicia thing seems a
lot of bother. Why not just let me print postage in the denomination I
want, why make me have the address encoded in it? If it's saving sorter
eyesight, give me a discount for doing the PO work for them instead of
charging me a premium.

(arguably even if it wasn't I should get a break because selling stamps
is labor intensive...)