 Marketplace / Auctions / 5237
Re: Ebay acution - Potential Fraud?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 18:14:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

J. Stabile wrote:
I may be wrong and I'm certainly no lawyer but doesn't a copyright >actually involve more than just SAYING its copyrighted?  Similar to a >patent?

No. If you produce an original work, you have copyright in it
automatically. You can register it if you wish, but you don't have to.

And doesn't abuse of a copyright mean damage to profits or income ala
pirated movies and music, etc.?

No. If you sue someone for copyright infrigement, then actual monetary
loss comes into it, but copyright infringement doesn't require a loss to
exist.

Kevin
--
Personal Lego Web page: