 Marketplace / Auctions / 5130
Re: Ebay acution - Potential Fraud?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:38:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 10:25:28 GMT, "lawrence wilkes"
<lawrence_wilkes@msn.com> wrote:

I came across the following in rec.toys.lego • [...]

So how come the photo is the same one as mine in
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=287681584

HE PINCHED IT OFF MY WEB SITE!

He obviously ignored my copyright notice
[...]

All other questions aside, and apart from the "well, it happens"
attitude expressed in some posts, it's your picture and the seller had
no right to it.

Yes, "it happens" all the time, it's theft, it's copyright
infringement just as sure as when your friend makes .mp3 copies of his
CD and emails them to you, and it needn't be tolerated.

Go after him.  Let him buy a scanner, use the permitted links on
LUGNET and elsewhere, or JUST ASK PERMISSION.

I recently linked to someone's web page in one of my auctions
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280312110
and before I did so I contacted the page's owner and received express
permisson to link to the page from an auction.

There's no excuse for either theft or rudeness.  "Everyone does it"
isn't sufficient.

Go after him.  If you don't, then one more Internet-newbie (hopefully,
he is) will have learned that "everyone does it" and it's ok.

Good luck in your teaching experience,
-gus