 Marketplace / Auctions / 5128
Re: Ebay acution - Potential Fraud?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:11:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.auction, Mike Stanley writes:

Well, simply based on the fact that he borrowed your pic, I'd say we
have no more reason to think it is or isn't than we have to think
yours is or is not.  :)

No we dont. But given the position of lugnet members in general to protecting
TLC'c copyright, I would expect members to understand my position in defending
mine

Perhaps not of such commercial impact, but copyright is copyright. And this
guy violated it and as far as I am concerned is using it to pass off something
as his that isnt. e.g. does he have the box, the picture would indicate yes,
but his text isnt clear.

Does he actually have the goods?

Do you?  :)

Well that is my kitchen table its on.

Is this a potential fraud?

Doubt it.

But who knows?
Wouldnt you rather someone pointed this out in advance before you found
yourself being a victim of it?

Now I have to admit, I'd be a little worried about this because if the
set ISN'T MISB I want to see the actual contents, not a pic of someone
else's open set.

Have you written to him about it?

Yes. I asked him to remove it in 24 hours, or I ask ebay to suspend the auction

regards
lawrence