 Marketplace / Auctions / 5211
Re: Ebay acution - Potential Fraud?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:29:36 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Mike Poindexter writes:
Well, I understand this happening.  I have done it to other people's
pictures and they have done it to mine.

So basically you are saying that copyright means nothing and you believe that
anything that anything that is on the web is up for grabs?

Putting that small issue to one side (as you dont seem to believe in copyright
judging from your post), the thing that concerned me most, and others too
judging from these replies, is that the posting of a picture like mine in an
auction is clearly meant to be a picture of the actual set on sale, not just
some standard box cover.

It was showing that the box, instructions etc were clearly there and in good
condition.

For someone else to use the same picture is conveying an impression to any
potential user that this is their set that is on sale.

This guy said nothing about a box being included in his text (which is very
important to some purchasers) but my photo clearly showed one.

This could therefore clearly mislead a purchaser.
I dont know if this sale turned out to be fraudulant or not. But to me that
fact that it used someone elses picture, and was therefore pretending to be
something that it wasnt, was enough to raise suspicion.

If you dont understand copyright, perhaps at least you understand that.

And I though the Lugnet community was quite tough on copyright protection
judging from the many, many posts regarding the protection of the images on
Lego's web site.
Clearly, not everyone in Lugnet feels that way.

regards
lawrence