 Marketplace / Auctions / 5125
Re: Ebay acution - Potential Fraud?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 16:49:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 10:25:28 GMT, "lawrence wilkes"
<lawrence_wilkes@msn.com> wrote:

I came across the following in rec.toys.lego

James Morrison <morrcjt@NOSPAMmelbpc.org.au> wrote in message news:8bjvl2$8c8
$1@possum.melbpc.org.au...
Hello, sorry for for the spam....but I currently have some items up on ebay
that may be of interest to the readers in here.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=291530495
set number 6066...Robin Hood tree castle

So how come the photo is the same one as mine in
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=287681584

HE PINCHED IT OFF MY WEB SITE!

He obviously ignored my copyright notice

Looks like he pinched it right off your eBay listing, without even
going to your website, and thus, without seeing your copyright notice.

It's eBay.  It happens.  Heck, I've done it with pictures of Gameboys
and other things before.

Is this a genuine sale?

Well, simply based on the fact that he borrowed your pic, I'd say we
have no more reason to think it is or isn't than we have to think
yours is or is not.  :)

Does he actually have the goods?

Do you?  :)

Is this a potential fraud?

Doubt it.

Now I have to admit, I'd be a little worried about this because if the
set ISN'T MISB I want to see the actual contents, not a pic of someone
else's open set.

Have you written to him about it?

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html